Tuesday 25 March 2014

some of my projects

Since one of the puroposes of this blog is my way of tracking my new passion - furniture painting - I know - so EXCITING lol - I thought I'd share some pictures of work I've already done. My step daughter C is 5 and L O V E S pink. When norm and I combined our homes we ended up with a tonne of extra furniture, including a double bed. I decided that C should have a pink bed. so I took some Annie Sloan Chalk paint ( I LOVE this stuff) in Empire Red, Graphite, and Old White and mixed up a special shade of pick just for her. (I added the Graphite to avoid having a pink that was too 'barbie' or 'bubble gum' pink - it toned the shade just enough). the result: I had an old stepstool kicking around that I used to use to get things from top shelves in the kitchen - now I have Norm, so Camille and I painted it together:

No comments:

Post a Comment